backhoe comparison: Back Hoe  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review backhoe comparison: Back Hoe -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

discussion   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   photos   |   email   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Back Hoe Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 04-02-2001, 20:14 Post: 26203
SteveT

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 backhoe comparison

I have just been quoted prices on the Woods 9000 for $7495 and a NH 758C for $6500. Both with subframe. I understand the NH dosen't require removal of the 3 pt while the Woods does. How do these compare? Is the Woods worth 1K?

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

04-03-2001, 09:32 Post: 26234
steve arnold

backhoe comparison

I have only used a woods 7500 "groundbreaker" version, it has a subframe which doesn't require the 3ph to be removed! What size tractor is it going on? If it is big enough (50hp, 5000#) I would skip the subframe to save on ground clearance. I am very impressed with mine and I have operated bigger dedicated TLBs and tracked excavators so maybe I wasnt expecting as much as some people do when they get such a toy. Ask about bucket sizes, my dealer sold them at the same price no matter what size bucket came with it, So I got the biggest and bought the smallest seperately (more money if I did the opposite). Happy digging.

04-03-2001, 18:17 Post: 26266
VT Steve

Filter by User
 backhoe comparison

I am also in the market for a Woods 900 and really didn't consider the NH 758. Don't exactly know why not but had heard nothing but good about the Woods. I also believe there is a size difference between the two. The NH 758 is basically a 8 1/2 ft model and the Woods 9000 is a 9 footer (overall depth capability and all corresponding measurements about 6" more) --only half a foot but what the heck! I was told conflicting stories about whether the 3ph needs to be removed on either model, so can't confirm either way for you on that one. What I can tel you is that I was quoted $6,500 - $6,800 (2 dealers within 1 hr)for the woods 9000 installed on my NH TC29 (35 hp) tractor with subframe. I got a quote of $6,000 if I pick up the hoe and install it myself. Seems as though $7500 is a tad steep but I guess it depends on your dealer and locale. Lastly, as has been said too many times, be very wary about a 3ph only hoe on any farm or compact tractor. Invest in the subframe!

04-03-2001, 18:20 Post: 26267
VT Steve

Filter by User
 backhoe comparison

Totally off topic! Just noticed that all three of us on this thread were Steves! Coincidence or something to do with ages - we were all from that period in time when Steve was the name to give (or my brother Mike!)!

04-03-2001, 18:28 Post: 26269
SteveT

Filter by User
 backhoe comparison

This is going on a TC40D that I'm working on purchasing now. Two dealers have quoted on the same set-up except for one has the Woods and the other the NH. I haven't seen a NH backhoe so I'm looking for some input from someone that may have made this decision already or has used both. The bucket size is 18" which will be a bit big for some stumping I need to do but I have quite a bit of sand on the property that I'll be using for fill.

04-03-2001, 18:33 Post: 26270
SteveT

Filter by User
 backhoe comparison

Even more strange, My nickname is Ste-vee-T or as my license plate notes "STE-VT" Your call name backwards...

04-03-2001, 18:37 Post: 26271
SteveT

Filter by User
 backhoe comparison

The dealer nearest me has been 10-15% higher than any other posts I've seen on this board (figures). So the $1000 difference seems right in line with his other quotes. If I can get the other dealer to go with the Woods for the same price I will, but the 3pt deal bothers me a bit. Just haven't heard much about the NH unit...

04-04-2001, 08:09 Post: 26308
Roger L.

backhoe comparison

Three Steves; no waiting......Apologies for butting into the all-Steve network Smile Especially since I have an older 3pt hoe and have never used the ones you are talking about...
Glad to see you are going for the subframe. I'd never buy another 3pt backhoe. I have seen subframes that required you to remove the 3pt arms when you had the hoe on the tractor. The worst subframes (which used to be common) didn't allow you to use the 3pt at all when the subframe was attached, much less the hoe.
I find that although reach and digging depth get discussed a lot, what I could use just as much is more loading height.
As far as buckets go, they are very expensive. The cheaper buckets are also easier that one might think to damage if you pull on a rock or a root with one tooth. I tore one of mine - 11" width - almost in half last year. This is even more of a problem with wide buckets. So take a suspicious look at the bucket construction.
Hydraulic power: usually the bucket rotation move has the highest power, followed by crowd, lift, and swing in that order. Which means this is also the order of speed from slowest to the fastest. You want to check that the swing speed is not so high that you are always crashing the hoe side to side. I like a delicate swing move and you will too - but few hoes have this for some reason.

04-04-2001, 12:13 Post: 26317
John Zayka

backhoe comparison

I own a woods 9000, mounted on a Kubota L4310. It has only been used about 10 hours as of yet, and I am very happy with it so far. It is subframe mounted,
and also has the pto pump option. I am from Massachusetts, and all the dealers
I dealt with would not sell a backhoe without the subframe. Bucket size is
18". I don't know anything about the New Holland hoe, but I am very haapy with
the Woods hoe. As for my experiance, I also have a 1961 Case 530 which was bought new by my Dad. He had the 3 point hitch and pto removed, and had a
backhoe mounted permanently. It will dig about 14' deep. As far as ripping roots around stumps, the old Case is still stronger, but the new machine is
much more manuverable, and I don't do any big work any more. Good Luck with
which ever you purchase.

04-05-2001, 17:45 Post: 26363
SteveT

Filter by User
 backhoe comparison

Anyone compared the W9000 to the 758C? I see the Woods looks rugid and hear it is a great hoe but haven't seen the NH unit nor heard anything about it other than what I can read in the brochure. My local dealer doesn't sell the NH unit...

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Back Hoe Forum

Thread 26203 Filter by Poster:
AndyR 3 | John Zayka 1 | Ray H 1 | Ray Humphreys 1 | Roger L. 1 | steve arnold 1 | SteveT 8 | Ted Kennedy 1 | VT Steve 2 |

Most Viewed

+ Woods 9000 sub-frame backhoe
+ Backhoe Hydraulic Hose Line Set up???
+ kIT BUILT BACKHOE'S
+ small backhoe bucket
+ Taylor-Way backhoe Reviews?
+ Case backhoe value-kelly blue book
+ kelly backhoe
+ JD model 48 backhoe attachment plates for JD 4600
+ CADDigger 608 Building Experiences
+ 2006 L3400 Kubota Backhoe vs Bush Hog

Most Discussion

+ Backhoes and breaking frames
+ Backhoe Hydraulic Hose Line Se
+ Back hoe on a sub-compact
+ JD 48 Dipper cylinder
+ THUMB SIZE
+ TC33D New Holland breaking in
+ CADDigger 608 Building Experie
+ Backhoe decision, help !!!!!
+ subframe vs 3 point
+ Build it yourself Loader/Hoes?

Newest Topics

+ 3PH Backhoe Flushing Lines and Cylinders
+ Brands Mfg. 3pt. backhoe
+ LW-6 3 point hitch
+ cub cadet 7205 Which backhoe will fit ??
+ 8LD Bucket
+ LW-6 3ph backboe how to test pump after hydraulic
+ backhoe for deutz agrotron 155cv
+ Control Valve for woods 9000 backhoe
+ Manure spreader
+ Bucket Maint.