Branson vs. Century: Other Tractor Brands  -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum and Review Branson vs. Century: Other Tractor Brands -- Other Tractor Brands Discussion Forum

discussion   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   photos   |   email   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Other Tractor Brands Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 05-05-2003, 09:06 Post: 54324
Paladin

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Branson vs. Century

I spent part of Sun afternoon looking at new Century tractors and just got off the phone with Peter, the tech manager at American Jawa (Century). I thought the board might like to hear these points:

1. The tractors are mechanically identical. It's just that there are two importers.
2. Century and Branson have a good relationship and will swap parts if necessary in an emergency situation to keep the customer going.
3. The peripherals are all different. Peter likes Century's loader, which is OEM'd from one of Zetor's suppliers in the Czech republic. From what I saw, it is one massive loader and very heavily built for a 30 HP tractor. It is a full frame loader. I really liked it. Century's backhoe is OEM'd from Ameriquip here in the states.
Peter said that Branson's loader is OEM'd in Korea and is a bit lighter built, although still a solid unit and several cuts above what he referred to "Canadian cheapo loaders".
4. Kukje (Century/Branson) is the largest tractor manufacturer in Korea - bigger than Daedong (Kioti).
5. Peter has examined and tested all three of the Korean tractors coming into the US: Century/Branson, Kioti and LongAgri. In his opinion, none are a bad value for the money and all are well built. He said that warranty claims on Century have been virtually nil. He only cautions buyers to avoid bargain basement aftermarket loaders or hoes.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

05-05-2003, 21:02 Post: 54354
Pacesetter

Filter by User
 Branson vs. Century

Peter is obviously 100% right as he is the head tech guy for the distributor. Just curious about his comment on the Branson loaders from Korea. I was lead to believe they were the same loader as the Century C20 C30. They sure LOOK like it to me.
Also curious if he had tried the OTHER Korean tractor Mahindra "10" series?

The 3045 arrives TOMORROW!!

Pacesetter

05-05-2003, 21:35 Post: 54360
Paladin

Filter by User
 Branson vs. Century

Sorry if I created some confusion. From what Peter said, I believe that the Century C20 and C30 loaders are in fact identical to Branson's. He said something to the effect that Am Jawa was having trouble obtaining enough loaders from Korea and were on allocation, so they asked Zetor for help. Zetor came up with a Czech manufacturer who already made very heavy duty loaders for the European market and who agreed to supply a loader for Am Jawa. This is now the C50.

Peter talked at length about Great Bend, Koyker and FreLoader all having at one time or another OEM'd loaders for the various compact tractor manufacturers. He was talking so fast that I couldn't keep up. He clearly knows the industry like the back of his hand.

05-05-2003, 21:50 Post: 54363
Pacesetter

Filter by User
 Branson vs. Century

Plus he has a bit of an accent. Being from New England and having no accent, I had to pay attention when listening to him.

So is a Century in YOUR future??

Pacesetter

05-06-2003, 08:08 Post: 54379
Paladin

Filter by User
 Branson vs. Century

Probably so. We have a minor problem right now here in southeastern PA in that the local Zetor/Century dealer went out of business a year ago. It had something to do with it being a family business and then the key family member died and the whole thing was liquidated. The nearest dealer is now 2 hrs away which is a pain. Actually, I am closer to Am Jawa in Harrisburg, PA than to either dealer.

I like Korean products. I was involved in building a chemicals plant in Korea in the early 1990's. We came in on time and on budget and the workmanship was superb. Some of the subcontractors would get their guys out to the jobsite early for calisthenics. It was explained to me that 100% of them were in the Army reserve and had had martial arts training and so forth. A tough bunch.

05-06-2003, 08:13 Post: 54383
Paladin

Filter by User
 Branson vs. Century

Forgot to mention: Some of the large volume grey market Japanese tractor distributors have picked up Branson franchises and they are really getting aggressive on price . I was offered a Century 2535 w/C50 loader and the rear remote hydraulic hookup package (which I don't need) and R4 tires for $16900 by the Century dealer in Northumberland, PA. On the face of it, it looks like internet package deals on Bransons are definitely cheaper. And they're easy to find - just do a search under "Branson Tractor". I can always rent a trailer and hook it up to the Suburban and go get a tractor from a few hundred miles away. I will not go in this direction, though, unless Branson gets a franchisee or two somewhere close to me for parts and service. Right now, they are not in PA at all.

05-12-2003, 18:27 Post: 54753
Pacesetter

Filter by User
 Branson vs. Century

Frankly that's way too high. The price should be around $15K for that package. That's not a lot less than I ended up paying for my 3045.
Pacesetter

05-13-2003, 07:47 Post: 54778
Paladin

Filter by User
 Branson vs. Century

Thanks. My gut told me that the price was way out of line. The dealer is just that - a dealer and nothing more. I saw no other tractors there for service and no facility other than a two car garage to service anything. In fact, it is basically a used car lot with two Centurys and a Zetor among the cars.

The other local dealer is 1 hr 45 min north of me in Honesdale, PA. I need to get up there and talk to him. I know that he is a real machinery dealer as he also handles Kioti and Yanmar cranes and generators and so on.

05-13-2003, 10:49 Post: 54788
Pacesetter

Filter by User
 Branson vs. Century

It will be worth the trip. I am THRILLED with my 3045. Did a lot of loader work this weekend and it performed flawlessly. The C50 alone is well worth leaning to Century IMHO.
Pacesetter

05-13-2003, 11:09 Post: 54789
chipperman

Filter by User
 Branson vs. Century

Paladin,
Hello, nice to see you are interested in a Century tractor. I am the district manager for the Northeast. My my phone is 203-314-7633. I would be glad to help you as well as anwser any questons you might have. I am currently looking for a dealer in the Harrisburg area but as you know right now we do not have one their. As for the C-50 their is nothing out their that compares with it. Let me know how I can help.
Thanks
Chipperman

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Other Tractor Brands Forum

Thread 54324 Filter by Poster:
1911A1 2 | Arthur 1 | chipperman 6 | CowlitzTractor 1 | DavesTractor 1 | dfkrug 2 | DK35vince 1 | grinder 1 | hrlyeagle 2 | jennys321 1 | lovefarmalls 1 | mipete 1 | nhawlman 1 | oneace 1 | Pacesetter 4 | Pachant 1 | Paladin 9 | realman21502 2 | wallac 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Task Master Tractors.Are they any good??
+ Branson Tractor Review
+ Mahindra are they good review
+ Leaf vacuum for catagory I three point
+ What about Mccormick tractors?
+ New to me Bolens Tractor
+ FarmTrac 300DTC
+ Branson vs. Century
+ Jinma Tractor w/transmission problems ???
+ Magnatrac Compact Crawler Tractors

Most Discussion

+ Task Master Tractors.Are they
+ TIME TO START MAHINDRA DISCUSS
+ Need help from all you PROs
+ TYM and Terramite Tractors
+ Branson vs. Century
+ Honda Compact tractor
+ blue book for tractors
+ Mahindra, Kioti, Brason and Cu
+ seatbelt survey
+ Branson Vs Century

Newest Topics

+ DFAM Terraplane TD25 will not start HELP!!!!!!
+ Agracat 2740 Rorary Cutter Recommentations
+ Zetor Zebra 2040 Rear Diffrerential
+ Century 2535 C50 loader price??
+ Mahindra 2615 Loader for Snow no traction....
+ L S Tractors Reviews Advice 2 acre farm
+ 2014 Ford F150 Pickups
+
+ Manual for TaskMaster 426E tracter
+ Mahindra buying advice and reviews