Go Bottom Go Bottom

Installing a radio in cab tractors

View my Photos
jonathanengr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-18          86302

I recently purchased a 3430 HSTC, and was told by my dealer that I'd be better off buying an after-market radio to install in the tractor. Needless to say, it's not that easy.

I went and purchased a radio and speakers to install in the tractor and have come to find the radio "kit" from Kubota comes with the antennae and instructions on where all the "pre-wiring" is. (Hint--it is not "right there" as my dealer told me). My dealer did fax me a sheet about radio installation, but it's for an "M" series tractor and does not match mine at all.

With this said, can anyone give me a hand? The power and ground wires are not within reach of my arm inside the cab cavity. The speaker wires I did find, so those are no problem. I also bought an antennae that can be mounted in the cab to take care of the antennae problem. Anyway, help with the rest of the wiring would be very helpful (one guy at my dealer told me I have to take the whole top of the cab off to install it. I certainly HOPE this isn't the case).

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-18          86304

Jonathan, I am surprised at that, the radio is standard on a HSTC model here, you can't even delete it, I tried.

I can have a look at mine to see what is where but I'm not even sure how it comes apart. I have thought of changing it, the sound is not that great, but the stereo shop I deal with said the tinny sound is more a function of the small speakers and no baffling behind them coupled with low power output. I am going to have them come by a look at it. TomG may have some better ideas about this, he's the music man.

As for the antennae, the factory mounting spot is the left-hand rearview mirror bracket since the cab roof is plastic it would be a poor choise for mounting it there.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-05-18          86305

It would be nice if all was in Canada, or would it? The time to install can be a problem for the dealer. Many times I just tell the people that is the price with it included and for the most part have only had a couple of people question it. The base wires are there and they aren't that hard to find. If you would have got the base radio kit from the dealer you would have been fine and they are easy to install. ....

View my Photos
jonathanengr

2004-05-18          86311

Well, I have no problem buying the base radio kit from the dealer, but since the *dealer* talked me out of it, what am I to do?????

As for the base wires, the wires for the speakers are right behind the little "cut out" for the stereo, and I'm assuming the wires such as the power antennae lead are there, too. However, there is definitely not a power wire there--none of them are large enough.

Does anyone have a wiring schematic? It's easy to tell which wires are speaker wires because the colors match the speaker leads. However, the power antennae, etc, is another matter entirely. Thanks! ....

View my Photos
jonathanengr

2004-05-18          86312

Art--it sounds like you're a dealer. Would you possibly have a copy of an installation manual? I'd be happy to pay you if you could fax it or mail it to me. If I just had the wiring schematic as well as wire locations I can easily hook it up to the radio I purchased. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login