Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota Exhaust

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-11          76614

Can anyone fill me in on the history of raised exhaust with Kubotas. Raised exhaust is disappearing. Is this for appearance purposes or is there more to the lowered exhaust than appearance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota Exhaust

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-11          76619

Raised exhaust, let's think a little,on new farm tractors IH started in the late 70's with the muffler under the hood, today they run them up the side of the cab for better visibility. Kubota was the first to start with the exhausts under the hood on the compacts so they do not catch branches so to cause damage to the exhaust manifold or blow the smoke back into the drivers face. ....

Kubota Exhaust

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-02-11          76622

If you ever see ads for tractors that say "engine stuck," you can bet they have a vertical exhaust stack. The farmers forgot to put the tin can on top to keep out the rain. I've never seen an ad for a Ford N series tractor with a stuck engine. Their exhaust goes down and to the back like a car. Vertical stack exhaust is cheaper to produce.
Dave ....

Kubota Exhaust

View my Photos
Peters

2004-02-11          76625

The exhaust on a lot of the tractors is either/or. You can unbolt the stack and turn it up if you want.
I have had them in either position. in the trees it is nicer to catch the ROPS than the exhaust stack.
Even with the flapper on the top it is a problem. I had to replace it once or twice and straighen it a number of times. ....

Kubota Exhaust

View my Photos
beagle

2004-02-11          76632

Thanks, only common sense stuff, as usual. Wasn't sure if there were any engine performance or exhaust temperature issues involved. Keep it simple. ....

Kubota Exhaust

View my Photos
beagle

2004-02-11          76633

Oh, and the reason why I asked in the first place is that the exhaust fumes rise into my face every time a make a left hand turn. Lowering the exhaust didn't solve that problem. Heat rises. ....

Kubota Exhaust

View my Photos
Murf

2004-02-11          76640

Beagle, try slipping one of those fancy little tailpipe tips over the exhaust pipe end and point it straight down. Be sure NOT to screw it in place since you will need to remove it in order to open that side panel. Also watch out when you do remove it, it will be very hot if the machine has been running hard for a while.

We did this on several of our machines and it caused the fumes to be low enough that they didn't end up in your face, it will however kick up a little more dust from the jet blast.

Best of luck. ....

Kubota Exhaust

View my Photos
beagle

2004-02-11          76651

Thanks, that sounds simple enough. I considered raising the exhaust, but your solution sounds a might bit simpler. I'll give it a try. ....

Kubota Exhaust

View my Photos
BARNEE

2004-02-12          76752

As long as we're talking about vertical exhausts....I've got one on a 3000DT that can't be lowered simply by re-orienting it to the exhaust manifold. Anyone know what options (if any) are out there to make it horizontal??

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login