X595 Garden Tractor: John Deere Review  -- John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum and Review X595 Garden Tractor: John Deere Review -- John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum

discussion   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   photos   |   email   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > John Deere Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 09-13-2003, 18:50 Post: 63782
bnshiffl

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 X595 Garden Tractor

A couple things:

Does $12,200 seem to be a good price for an x595 with: 54" mower, 3 point hitch, 45 loader? It seems so but I have compared only 2 dealers thus far. I could drop to a lower cost model, but this seems to be a great deal. Any confirmation?

I would like to rent a 48" box scraper if I buy it, but only will use for about a week or so. What are the limits on using one with this tractor for weight, lift height, etc with the x595? What brands and models will work with this tractor, other than the one sold through Deere?

Appreciate the input and help.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

09-14-2003, 07:51 Post: 63818
Art White

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 X595 Garden Tractor

I'd be looking at a BX from Kubota. That is the largest seller in the size range that you are looking at. The BX started the sub-compact revolution and now most manufacturers have gotten in to it. The BX is the smallest of the subs and fits right into most spots of a garden tractor but with big tractor performance and garden tractor price.

09-14-2003, 10:42 Post: 63840
DRankin

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 X595 Garden Tractor

I have found that the Deere X series is usually more expensive than a 2210 or a 4010 by the time you add all the options to make them equal.

The only possible reason I could see for ordering a X series tractor would be that if for some reason you wanted a gasoline engine instead of a diesel.

Price it out against JD 2210 and 4010, and against the Kubota BX and Massey Ferguson subs if you can find them in your area.

09-14-2003, 12:40 Post: 63845
Misenplace

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 X595 Garden Tractor

I looked at the X595 quite a bit. Its a nice machine but the 2210 With FEL is about $11,750 before tax. A lot more machine for the money unless 90 plus percent of what you are going to use it for is mowing. I believe the price you listed is consistant with what I was seeing. If I remember right the 3pth and rear PTO option was 1k. Dave

09-14-2003, 18:55 Post: 63863
bnshiffl

Filter by User
 X595 Garden Tractor

Thank you all for the input so far. I looked extensively at the BX1500 Kubota and was to about $10,200 + tax for the loader, 48" mower, and ballast box (just missed an awesome E-bay deal at $8,900 with same attachments and only 12 hrs). In my late teens I did a lot of mowing for another company and they first had a Kubota, then switched to the Deere which I liked much better. I could never get used to the Kubota foot pedal for I always felt fatigued in the right leg during/after using it. That's one of the biggest things I like about the Deere by far is the way the foot operation is set up.

Really, for me I'm looking for a tractor to help me get through the landscaping period on a new home. I'd like to be able to move some dirt around for landscaping and making some planting beds, and then hauling mulch wherever and whenever I want. The box scraper I will rent and I will use for about 3-5 days at most. After that I don't anticipate a huge need for any rear attachments unless we plant a veggie garden. After landscaping is in I'll use the tractor about 90%+ for mowing and will probably use the loader minimally, or even sell that attachment and get a snow blower.

I couldn't get over going with anything with standard ROPS because I'm in a residential area for the most part....just looked little too "Binford" for me.

So, knowing after explaining above....am I nuts? Maybe I should listen to my wife and rent a 4210 or something to do that work, then buy a GX345 for the mowing. I figured that if I went to the 595 I'd have it for life unless we moved to a larger piece of property.

09-15-2003, 06:57 Post: 63887
Art White

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 X595 Garden Tractor

I don't know that you might not be in your early twenties but you should try them. Manufacturers change designs of machines all the time. Some for the betterment of the equipment, some for the operator, and some because they can build it cheaper.

09-15-2003, 07:38 Post: 63889
Misenplace

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 X595 Garden Tractor

Based on your needs and wanting a JD I do think you are looking at the right series. The 3ph and rear PTO will come in handy for many future projects that you are not now anticipateing. Smile You might consider stepping down a few models to like the X485 to get to a gas engine. I would want a model that is fuel injected and does not have a carbureator. I think the X485 is the first model set up that way but I am not positive on that. This will keep you under the 10k mark and should handle all your needs just fine especially considering your future use is primarily mowing. Again the X series is a great machine and certainly should more than handle your needs. Dave

09-15-2003, 09:07 Post: 63903
DRankin

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 X595 Garden Tractor

I'll bet five bucks that once you get a tractor with a FEL that you will find enough uses for it (the FEL) to keep it.

If you have no need for a FEL, then you will not need a garden cart or a wheelbarrow or a wagon around the house either. It is not just a dirt scoop. It is a motorized wheelbarrow.

Don't sell yourself short on this aspect.

09-15-2003, 10:25 Post: 63922
Misenplace

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 X595 Garden Tractor

I will certainly echo Marks sentiment on the FEL. When I bought the 2210 my anticipated primary need was tilling. I would guess now I till less than 10% of my useage. I did just not want to kick out the $$$$ for the FEL. Now I guess I use the FEL over 80% of my use. In fact I use it so much I am planning on getting rid of the 2210 for a 4115. I did all of my land scapeing myself. Unfortuneately it was with a wheel barrow. I had to add 30 yards of top soil to one side of the house alone. That was a Lot of butt bustin work and it makes laugh to look back and think if I had just had the tractor ! Laughing out loud. In my neghborhood the average home has a lot of $$$ invested in landscapeing. I know I could have saved enough $ to pay for the entire tractor on that project alone over the cost of paying some one else to do it. Dave

09-18-2003, 21:24 Post: 64281
bnshiffl

Filter by User
 X595 Garden Tractor

Certainly am leaning to getting, and keeping, the FEL for awhile.

Do any of you know the limits on the 3 point hitch? I keep hearing "limited category 1". What is the limit? Weight, spread, or height on the 3 point? I'm assuming it is probably all. Does anybody know what they are for each? My main concern is being able to rent and use a 48 - 60" box scraper with scarification tines.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > John Deere Review Forum

Thread 63782 Filter by Poster:
Art White 3 | bnshiffl 13 | Chief 5 | DRankin 3 | Ducati996 3 | itsgottobegreen 1 | Jim on Timberridge 3 | kwschumm 2 | Misenplace 10 | sergeant 1 |

Most Viewed

+ John Deere 2210 Backhoe Review
+ John Deere low viscosity HY GARD
+ John Deere 790 fuel shut-off solenoid failing???
+ John Deere vs Kubota Compact Tractors
+ John Deere JD 4100 Wiring diagram
+ JD 790 or Kubota L3000DT
+ Should I buy a John Deere 4105???
+ John Deere 455 garden tractor
+ John deere 2520
+ JD 1070 4WD vs Kubota L3710 4WD

Most Discussion

+ John Deere 4300 scuffing......
+ Possible Solution To The 4000
+ Dealer out to lunch
+ Just got my new JD 4410 - Prob