Go Bottom Go Bottom

wiring

View my Photos
mscpilot
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-17          122908

I'm having trouble with my tail lights and the rear flood. on the right hand side of the tractor under the wheel well there is two wires coming from the rear flood. The green one is hooked up but the red one is not and I can't find any trace of a wire ever being there for this. On the tail lights, When I first got the tractor only one light worked the left side running light. Now nothing, I changed the bulbs and looked around but nothing. Does any one have any suggestions I may try?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

wiring

View my Photos
affordable
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-18          122928

On the rear work light if you hook both the wires together the work light will shine brighter,like a high and low beam, with just 1-wire connected it's dim with both it's bright

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

wiring

View my Photos
affordable
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-18          122929

On the tail lights, check the switch ,and fuses, the old style switchs were not very good also if it's the pull out type of switch it has a fuse on the switch,check that.

Tommy

wiring

View my Photos
greg_g

2006-01-18          122934

Aside from the fact that the assemblies are very cheaply made, grounding is the 2nd biggest problem with lights on Chinese tractors. They paint first, install the lighting later. Make sure both rear light assemblies and the flood light ground wires are grounded to bare metal. Then re-assess the situation. From that point, the issue could go a few other directions.

//greg// ....

wiring

View my Photos
mscpilot

2006-01-18          123012

Thanks guys, I will try wiring both the wires together and see what I get. As for the directional and stop light. I found the stop light switch broken today and after some playing around with the wires I was able to get the right stop light on very bright and the left one comes on but very dim. Does this tell you any thing? Neither direction light works, new switch. Oh and on the other switch, it does have a fuse but the fuse looks good. ....

wiring

View my Photos
greg_g

2006-01-18          123015

Dim bulb is often either inadequate ground or wrong bulb

Directional signals may need new flasher. Mine was under the hood. Don't believe the fuse in the light switch was wired to anything on mine. I assumed it was for aux lighting or something.

//greg// ....

wiring

View my Photos
countryboy

2006-01-21          123164

worked on cars for years and many many light problems are corrected by good grounding. Inspect the connections to the frame, clean grease and tighten, also make sure that the connection between wire and connector aren't all corroded if so cut off old one crimp on new one and use electrical grease on connection ....

wiring

View my Photos
Carldarnell

2006-01-21          123190

You will have to buy a heavy duty flasher. The vibration knocked mine out twice. I just used a wire tie and tied it to the wire loom to reduce the vibration. ....

wiring

View my Photos
mscpilot

2006-01-21          123191

I don't have a good wiring diagram so I will need to start digging for the flasher. Can anyone give me a hint where it is and what it looks like? Thanks ....

wiring

View my Photos
greg_g

2006-01-21          123195

As I said, under the hood. Mine was very visible, tie wrapped to a bracket or something alongside the valve cover - simply hanging off the end of a connector. Heavy duty is not required, unless you wire in a trailer harness. A standard duty thermal flasher will do just fine. I seem to recall changing the connectors, but it was only a five minute job. Should look like this: http://www.midwayautosupply.com/images/trico/536_3X.jpg

//greg// ....

wiring

View my Photos
affordable

2006-01-22          123217

If you have the new style fuse box, it has a plug in horn relay,plug in voltage regulator,plug in flasher. They do not look like the old style.You will have 3- 1" black square plastic plug ins, and one silver plug in thats longer(thats the voltage regulator)I don't have the part # at home for the flasher.If you have the old style it will be a round silver cap with 2-wires going to it near the fuse box.

Tommy

wiring

View my Photos
greg_g

2006-01-22          123218

Sounds like a big improvement over the lashup they threw together for my generation of 200 series. The way those electrical systems were thrown together was pretty sad.

Thanks for the update Tommy. This new relay, is it still thermal - or have they gone electronic ?

//greg// ....

wiring

View my Photos
affordable

2006-01-22          123228

I will try to get you a pic of it,I think that it's electronic, it does not make the clicking sound like the old ones.I'm not a electrical Guru,so maybe somebody can tell from the pic when I send it

Tommy

wiring

View my Photos
mscpilot

2006-01-22          123243

Greg, Thanks I will go by the local auto store and see what I can find. The picture helped a lot also. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login